Parents Code of Conduct
Now when you register your player to participate in Northside Youth Lacrosse, you will be prompted to electronically agree to and sign our Parents Code of Conduct. NYL seeks to instill positive character-building traits in our communities’ youth through the demonstration of good sportsmanship, respect for others, responsibility and fairness. We ask that parents and their guests attending NYL-sponsored events help to instill this ethic by reflecting these character traits at games.
When attending NYL practices, games and events, you will concur that:
- I will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game, practice or other sporting event.
- I will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing, taunting or using profane language or gestures, etc.
- I will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and well-being of the athletes.
- I will reinforce the importance of honoring the game; to play by the spirit of the rules; and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
- I will insist that my child treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, sex, or ability.
- I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participant for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- I will respect the officials and their authority during games and will not question, discuss, or confront coaches or referees at the game field. Instead, I will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed upon time and place.
- I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team.
- I will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
I also agree that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Verbal warning by official, head coach, and/or member of league organization
- Written warning
- Parental game suspension with written documentation of incident
- Parental season suspension