After being honored with the US Lacrosse GA Chapter’s Man of the Year award in 2019, Coach Thomas received an even more humbling recognition in the fall of 2020: advancement to the chapter’s Hall of Fame.
The Hall of Fame recognizes Georgia lacrosse players, coaches, family members, volunteers….anyone who has achieved notable successes in advancing the game in our state. In Coach Thomas’s case, this growth can be recognized in several key achievements:
– Founding the Northside Surge over a decade ago
– Starting the GA division of national travel league, C2C Lacrosse, and growing it to over 10 elite teams
– Advocating for lacrosse programs at North Atlanta High and Sutton Middle schools
– Since 2004, serving as Varsity community coach at NAHS, St. Pius, Woodward, Lovett, Holy Innocents, and in other lacrosse championship capacities
– Most recently, spearheading a years-long effort to create a new turf field at NAHS to enable better year-round access for lacrosse and other sports
(Read more within his bio in the Surge_Team section of the website.)
Due to Covid, the 2021 Induction Ceremony is currently TBD, slated for sometime late spring.