The Surge “Full Circle” Boys' Lacrosse Camp
July 25, 26 & 27: A three-day boys' camp experience designed for youth players wanting to take their game to the next level. “Full Circle” because it will be led by Surge coaches and Surge alumni now playing DI, DII, DIII or Club ball in college and local high school varsity lax players!
The sessions will focus on all the fundamentals as well as more advanced LAX IQ and play nuances that players need to excel in both individual and team scenarios. Also emphasized: Decision making and key recognition skills in game situations. The sessions will be divided into two groups: Beginner and Experienced players for optimum training. Through the use of a progressive format (beginning with individual and small-group tactical work and instruction and continuing to half-field and full-field play progressions) participants will work individually and as a group in this unique, multi-faceted lacrosse lesson format.
Coaches will focus on Attack, Midfield and Face-offs, Goalie, and Defense. Specifically:
- Stick Work: Catching & Throwing mechanics
- Cradling Techniques: Power, Upright, Collarbone cradling
- Ground Balls
- Shooting Techniques: Overhand, Inside Shooting, Time & Room, and On the Run
- Dodging: Face, Bull, Power, Split, Roll, Circle, Question Mark, Finalizer
- Defense: Stance, Approach, Footwork, Off-Ball Positioning
- Checks: Poke, Lift, Slap, Chop
- Picks: On-Ball, Off-Ball, Pick’n’Slip, Pick’n’Roll
- Defensive Team Fundamentals and Recognition
- Offensive Team Fundamentals and Recognition
- Unsettled Play Recognition and Transition
- Recognition of Team Offense and Defense, with specific skills that come with it
- Goalie: Goalies will have their own coaches covering: Positioning, Stance, Reflexes, Footwork, Hand Placement, 1 on 1, and Communication
Includes: Dry-fit camp t-shirt, goodie bag at camp’s end.
|2nd - 5th||7/25, 7/26, & 7/27||8:30 - 11:30 pm||Surge Turf||$195.00|
|6th - 8th||7/25, 7/26, & 7/27||1:00 - 4:00 pm||Surge Turf||$195.00|
Campers must bring plenty of chilled water each day to this camp in a large sports bottle for easy access. We will also have large water jugs available for refills if needed. Sports drinks are also allowed, but not encouraged as the only hydration source for the day.
The camp will be conducted in Rain or Shine. In the event of rain/lightning, the boys will retreat to the safety of the concrete parking deck right next to the turf field.
Refunds are only available in the event of serious injury, and a doctor’s note is required. In this instance, the tuition may be applied to an upcoming Surge rec league registration fee OR as a gift to NYL’s on-going capital campaign, Score a New Field. With this donation, a receipt is given for tax purposes.